cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

aranhase
Journeyman III

Can't add breakpoints on OpenCL kernels (SIGPIPE)

Hi,

I'm trying to debug my OpenCL application but whenever I try to run the application with a breakpoint in an OpenCL kernel, it just stops with a SIGPIPE error. I then tried the AMDTeaPot demo, and the same thing happened. I'm attaching the two log files I get when I try to add a breakpoint to an OpenCL kernel with the AMDTeapot demo.

My setup is:

GPU AMD RadeonHD 7990 with fglrx driver version 14.10

CodeXL version x86_64_1.4.5728

Anyone knows how to solve this? Or maybe suggest a good Linux environment/distro to debug OpenCL?

Thank you...

Quick update:

Accordingly to the Release Notes for the AMD Catalyst Driver 14.6, this is the version supported for Ubuntu 14.04 (AMD Catalyst™ 14.6 Beta for Linux). I removed the old driver (14.4) and installed the new 14.6, but the same problem remains.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

According to the call stack in your crash report, this is a known issue caused by the progression of the compiler in the newest AMD Radeon drivers.

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming release of CodeXL (1.5).

If you have access to a driver before 14.4 (e.g., 14.1), you may want to switch to using it until CodeXL 1.5 is released.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
aranhase
Journeyman III

Managed to be able to step into OpenCL kernels using Ubuntu 12.04 and fglrx driver 13.101. It looks like CodeXL doesn't support Ubuntu 14.04 yet (at least for me), even though the "Requirements"(http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/opencl-tools-sdks/codexl/) says otherwise.

0 Likes

Hi,

I am also having this problem.

Ubuntu 14.04

Catalyst 14.6 beta

Dual HD 7970 GhZ Edition

Attaching CodeXL log files. Is there a workaround or a fix on the way?

~ ry

0 Likes

Hi,

According to the call stack in your crash report, this is a known issue caused by the progression of the compiler in the newest AMD Radeon drivers.

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming release of CodeXL (1.5).

If you have access to a driver before 14.4 (e.g., 14.1), you may want to switch to using it until CodeXL 1.5 is released.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

0 Likes