cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mrolle
Adept II

Can I find older versions of docs?

Is there some place on the site where I can get older versions of some of the developer docs.  Specifically, I'm looking for the Software Optimization Guide for Family 10h (before it was changed to Family 10h and 12h) Processors.  I would like to be able to cite this older document by URL.

Thanks for any answers.

Michael

0 Likes
8 Replies
kcarney
Staff

Hi Michael,

There is an archive section on Developer Central -- http://developer.amd.com/archive/Pages/default.aspx But I can't find the particular document that you are mention in this section.

Any chance you'd be ok citing the document by something other than URL?

Cheers!

Kristen

0 Likes

I found the Archive section, I should have noticed it myself.  However, it has no section at all for Developer Guides and Manuals.  Apparently, this section is not being maintained as a repository of everything that has ever appeared in the past.

I wonder if I can get a list of documents by their Publication Number.  Or if I can find out the Publication Number of the document I want, is there are place on the site to retrieve it?  I'm sure the old documents are still on the disk somewhere.

Thanks for further help.

0 Likes

Actually, I wouldn't have found the archives page on my own, because the pages other than the archives page don't show Archives in the list on the left side of the pages.  The archives page has the additional Archives item.

So how would someone find their way to the archives page without knowing to type in developer.amd.com/archive?  I think this is a question for the site webmaster.

0 Likes

Actually, the Pub No is the same.  I am looking for Revision 3.11 of Pub 40546.  The current one is Revision 3.13.

The reason I wanted the older one was that there is an error introduced in the new revision.

Any help in finding Revision 3.11?

0 Likes

Michael,

We're working on a new navigation structure for Developer Central that will fix the navigation that you mentioned above as well as other navigation problems. Coming soon...

So what exactly do you need? Do you need a copy of 3.11? 

Kristen

0 Likes

Yes, I'd like a copy of 3.11. But more important, I'd like to have a URL for it, so that I can cite it in a paper. Thanks.

Michael Rolle

(408) 313-8149

0 Likes

Michael,

I was able to track down a copy of 3.11, and I can email you a copy of this document. Is the .name email address that you signed up for the forums with the best email address to send this document to?

Cheers!

Kristen

0 Likes
georgekeller17
Journeyman III

Hi mrolle, Please click the link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Demo-Restore-an-old-version-of-a-file

and you'll get the idea by watching demo.

Promote Yourself Online To Get Better Opportunities is one of the most prominent practices seen today on the online platform. Besides using social media options there are various other options which are available online which can promote you in better manner for getting better opportunities in the career field.

0 Likes