cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

zhngzjn
Journeyman III

Can anybody give me a sample code of OPENCL task parallel ?

I ran the CLINFO.exe on several PCs , but no device passed the "Queue properties: Out of Order " test . 

Can I do task parallel programming with out "out of order execution" supported ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
dominik_g
Journeyman III

You can use multiple command-queues to do that. You probably also have to use multiple threads and contexts to get it working with the current implementation.

0 Likes

Thank you for your advices. It seems that using multiple context does not help . I think I have to use a multi-thread lib.

The opencl specification says, under task parallelling mode , user can :

-  using vector data types implemented by the device,
-  enqueuing multiple tasks, and/or
-  enqueing native kernels developed using a programming model orthogonal to OpenCL.

Unfortunately, my devices support neither out_of_order nor native kernel executions.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: zhngzjn Thank you for your advices. It seems that using multiple context does not help . I think I have to use a multi-thread lib.

The opencl specification says, under task parallelling mode , user can :

-  using vector data types implemented by the device, -  enqueuing multiple tasks, and/or -  enqueing native kernels developed using a programming model orthogonal to OpenCL.

Unfortunately, my devices support neither out_of_order nor native kernel executions.

you can expect native kernel execution in upcomming releases.

0 Likes