Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

DaveMH
Journeyman III

Bypass ATI's "Maximum refreshrate"

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone know a way to bypass the refreshrate-limit enforced by CCC/the displaydriver.

I changed graphiccard yesterday, from a HD 4890 to a HD 5850, and I can only use 60Hz with this one. I'm using the same CRT-monitor as before and it's connected through a VGA-to-DVI-connector, and I'm getting headaches looking at this monitor when it's running at 60 Hz, so I need something that disables the 'limit' that is being enforced. I've tried reinstalling all ATI drivers and installing them again, I've also tried programs like Refreshlock. CCC reports that the monitor is saying that the maximum allowed refreshrate is 60 Hz which is very odd.

I do know that this is not the right place to ask, but I'm running out of options. :<

0 Likes
2 Replies
avk
Adept III

Perhaps you will find some utilities like Riva Tuner and/or ATI Tray Tool useful. Both of them you may download from here.

0 Likes
DaveMH
Journeyman III

I just found out that it's a bug with the current drivers that causes the 'limit' on CRT-displays. Cheers for the idea, and sorry for wasting your time. :<

0 Likes