cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

dert
Adept I

Re: Bug in Catalyst 12.4

Let me tell you, this is really frustrating.  They closed the ticket and told me to call their 800 number or send an email to tech support.....grrrrrrrr.  Forwarded the closed ticket email to their tech support email.  Eventually this will get fixed...if I have to drive to their building and knock on the door, it will get fixed.

0 Likes
jgone
Journeyman III

Totally frustrating until I found this forum!  A bit of a relief to know I am not the only one.   Like everybody I jumped on the prompt to update and then tried everything everybody here has tried when I kept loosing my audio when switching HDMI inputs on my TV between the HD cable box and my XPS HT PC.  The video card is the Radeon HD 6700 and the ONLY way I could fix it was to do a system restore prior to the update to 12.4.  AMD appears to be clueless about the issue, so maybe if enough of us rant here and keep contacting them they will get on it and fix the bug.

0 Likes
anonyboy
Journeyman III

I'm having this problem too on Windows 7 64 bit, HD 6950 graphic card.

another odd thing, when I update or even completely uninstall and reinstall to version 12.4, in the Control Center under Information it says Catalyst version 12.3.

Whenever my monitor turns off for an extended period of time, turning it back in resuilts in loss of audio, saying the HDMI audio isn't plugged in. I've been fixing this by putting my computer into sleep mode and then waking it back up whenever the problem occurs.

0 Likes
dreams2
Journeyman III

Same problem here : Windows 7 64 bit, HD 7970 graphic card

Also, if I unplug HDMI cable and plug it again, I'll get problems watching youtube videos; beside, sound issue. 

0 Likes
sumcanadianguy
Journeyman III

Same issue here. Just thought I'd chime in incase a solution pops up here. Mine is on my HTPC and I lose my sound when I shut off the tv. If I unplug and plug back in my HDMI the sound comes back. More annoying for my wife than me but annoying none the less.

0 Likes
rfjaquez
Journeyman III

After installing the driver update 12.4 in my HTPC I started having the same issues.

I though that turning off the TV was getting the HDMI audio disabled.

So, I connected to the HTPC with Remote Desktop.

I turned OFF the TV, and I could see that the HDMI audio was still enabled,

But, when I turned ON the TV, the HDMI audio got disabled.

I did a rollback of the HDMI audio driver to the previous version, but the problem stayed the same.

Then I did a rollback of the display driver to the previous version, and that fixed the issue.

The updated display driver is probably resetting the HDMI audio when it start receiving a HDMI signal.

sumcanadianguy
Journeyman III

Rolling back the display driver fixed my issue, thanks.

0 Likes
richpitchshift
Journeyman III

Same problem here using Windows 7 64bit and AMD Radeon HD 6850.

I had a similar sort of problem using a AMD driver around a year or so ago but it seems to have come back with a vengeance on the 12.4 update.

0 Likes
c1utch
Journeyman III

I too have this issue.  I get mad when I  sit and press on my tv remote by accident and it changes the channel...and then lose sound... 6800 series card here.

0 Likes
pyroguy30
Journeyman III

Same issue here. I tried to deal with it for as long as possible but I finally just rolled back to 12.3. One less annoying way to get the sound back is to log out and then back in. It's a lot more simple than unplugging the HDMI. Still, this bug is a huge oversight and looks like there is absolutely no customer service.

0 Likes