cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jbright
Journeyman III

Re: Bug in Catalyst 12.4

I've experienced the same problem.  I'm going to try the fix suggested = "Disable the "AMD External Events Utility" in services.msc"

I'm thinking it should be a pretty simple fix.

0 Likes
nekr0matik
Journeyman III

Where do you find this setting. cant find in catalyst

0 Likes
rakkakaze
Journeyman III

This did not work for me, I toggled it off, and disabled it.  Reset my HDMI for sound, came back to it half a day later with my tv "unplugged"

0 Likes
jbright
Journeyman III

Also failed for me.

Further description of problem:

With dual monitors and the start bar moved over to the other one so I have continuous view, I see that the sound turns off when I turn the HDMI monitor/TV back on.  It still detects and attempts to use the sound channel when the monitor is turned off, but the moment I turn it back on...

0 Likes
jbright
Journeyman III

It failed.  I did notice that the sound isn't disabled until I power the monitor back on; perhaps some sort of event not tripping right?

In either case, very annoying.

0 Likes
jbright
Journeyman III

type "services.msc" into your start menu; it gives you the windows utility for messing with services.  Look for AMD ones.  You'll need to be admin.  It's not in catalyst.

edit:  This is a bit like performing a lobotomy...  You could be disabling other important functionality.

0 Likes
zorxd
Journeyman III

Same here.

Windows 7 x64, radeon HD 6850.

HDMI audio worked fine with 12.1. Stopped working (shows as disconnected) after upgrading to 12.4. Downgrading to 12.3 solved the issue.

0 Likes
dert
Adept I

It appears the developers don't actually read their own forum?  At any rate, I just opened a Help Desk ticket with all this info to prod them a bit.  I keep getting prompted to update my driver to 12.4 and I just can't with this bug in place.  Has to be fixed.  I'll update you once they've responded to the ticket.

0 Likes
flook
Journeyman III

This bug is driving me nuts!  It has wasted so much of my time already.  I didn't think anything of it when the software told me there was a new update.  Go ahead and update to get the latest and greatest.  Now I constantly have to unplug and plug my hdmi cable to get audio going.  Sometimes that doesn't even work and I have to reboot my computer.

I've tried disabling the service mentioned above.  Did not work for me.  I've also tried uninstalling the audio driver and installing the audio driver from a previous version like 12.2 or 12.3 and that did not work.  Also they forgot to update the registry key telling their own software that it has been updated to 12.4 so now their software still thinks it's 12.3 and will keep thinking it needs to update.

What a mess.

0 Likes
stoneroses
Journeyman III

All I did was uninstalled 12.4, Restarted PC, and reinstalled 12.3. It may not work for everyone.

0 Likes