cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

yurtesen
Miniboss

Brook+ installation

Unable to run samples after installation, only 32bit libraries installed?!

I tried to install brook+ but it appears that it installed only 32bit libraries. I downloaded the package from sourceforge,

http://sourceforge.net/projects/brookplus/files/

downloaded Brook-1.4.1.x86_64.tar.gz 

and after installation I can see:

$ rpm -qa | grep Brook
Brook-1.4-1.x86_64

/usr/local/brook-1.4.1/sdk/lib/libbrook.so
/usr/local/brook-1.4.1/sdk/lib/libbrook_cal.so
/usr/local/brook-1.4.1/sdk/lib/libbrook_cal_d.so
/usr/local/brook-1.4.1/sdk/lib/libbrook_d.so

I tried to install brook+ but it appears that it installed only 32bit libraries.

/usr/local/brook-1.4.1/sdk/lib/libbrook.so
/usr/local/brook-1.4.1/sdk/lib/libbrook_cal.so
/usr/local/brook-1.4.1/sdk/lib/libbrook_cal_d.so
/usr/local/brook-1.4.1/sdk/lib/libbrook_d.so

$ file libbrook.so
libbrook.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

$ /usr/local/brook-1.4.1/samples/bin/CPP/lnx_x86_64/mandelbrot
/usr/local/brook-1.4.1/samples/bin/CPP/lnx_x86_64/mandelbrot: error while loading shared libraries: libbrook.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

0 Likes
4 Replies
omkaranathan
Adept I

Try building the package and see if it is creating 64 bit libraries.

0 Likes

I am not sure how I can do that? Can you point out a documentation about how to build brook+ from sources?

0 Likes

I dont understand how people are able to use brook+ in this shape? Is it abandoned in favor of OpenCL?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: yurtesen I dont understand how people are able to use brook+ in this shape? Is it abandoned in favor of OpenCL?

Yurtesen,

Till ATIStream SDK 1.4, Brook+ is included.  You can download SDK1.4 from following location http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ATIStreamSDK/ATIStreamSDKv1.4Beta/Pages/default.aspx.  After SDK1.4, Brook+ is available at source forge.  There are some fixes in Brook+ after SDK1.4 release. if you are expecting these to be include, you need to download source from source forge and build.

Steps to build source code.

1. Move to source code where you copied

2. Set ATISTREAMSDKROOT to where you installed SDK2.1(CAL required to compile)

3. make ARCH_TYPE=x86 for 32 bit, make for 64 bit

4. Libraries available at sdk folder.

0 Likes