cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

et1
Adept II

Bad columns in OpenCL profiling in CodeXL 2.0

I'm profiling using the VS2013 plugin on a Fury X with drivers 16.4.1.

The Time column shows 0 for everything. The LocalMemSize column shows numbers like 00592, 03616, etc., which I assume (based on my familiarity with the program's performance) are execution times (0.0592 ms, 0.3616 ms), the VGPRs column shows 0, and many other columns are 0.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chesik
Staff

Hi,

Can you provide the .csv file generated by the profiler?  In the past, we've had issues if the current locale uses a character other than a comma as the list delimiter.  I thought all those issues have been fixed, but I'm wondering is this is somehow related to that.

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chesik
Staff

Hi,

Can you provide the .csv file generated by the profiler?  In the past, we've had issues if the current locale uses a character other than a comma as the list delimiter.  I thought all those issues have been fixed, but I'm wondering is this is somehow related to that.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think you guys are no longer here.

Good catch with the locale idea. The locale I'm using has comma set as the decimal 'point', so I'm guessing that's the problem. I'll try to change that when I'm at work.

0 Likes

It's indeed the locale. After changing to ',' for thousands separator and '.' for the decimal symbol the results look right.

0 Likes