cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

zkhan
Journeyman III

ATI Stream with Nvidia GPU

On my Win7 Intel machine, I previously had an ATI Radeon GPU. I could use the ATI Stream SDK to run OpenCL on both the CPU and GPU.

Now I have swapped out my Radeon for GeForce (need to make sure I can support both platforms) and I can't seem to get OpenCL working on both the GPU and CPU.

I need to install the NVIDIA drivers to get OpenCL on the GPU, but obviously they do not support the Intel CPU. When I install the ATI Stream SDK, it somehow conflicts with the NVIDIA installation and I lose OpenCL support on the GPU.

To be more clear: if I install NVIDIA last, I have OpenCL on GPU, but not CPU. If I install ATI Stream last, I have have OpenCL on CPU, but not GPU.

Are there steps I can take such that I can have the ATI Stream SDK installed to use OpenCL on the CPU and the NVIDIA driver installed to support OpenCL on the GPU?

0 Likes
3 Replies
ryta1203
Journeyman III

You'd have more luck getting an answer if you moved this OpenCL question to the OpenCL forum.

0 Likes
Claggy
Adept II

Have a look in this thread to see if the workaround given to me helps you:

http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=328&threadid=132643&enterthread=y

Claggy

0 Likes

0 Likes