cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

BobJoEe
Adept I

ATI stream sdk 2.1 + Catalyst 10.5 > Bad idea or completely OK?

10.5 is not a tested driver of SDK 2.1. Will new SDK will be released soon?

If not, is there absolutely no issue of installing SDK 2.1 on 10.5?

And, can I just update driver without uninstalling and reinstalling SDK 2.1?

Please someone in AMD confirm this.

And why not release drivers with SDK integrated? It will be more convienient and more easly increases install count of OpenCL.

So, the SDK might be still considered as beta by AMD...

OK, recently AMD graphics driver team has made very good progess to cover their deficiencies at least in latest several months, please delicately be more conscious to user experiences.

BTW, I think AMD driver/download web site to be more well orgnized.

bob

0 Likes
7 Replies
genetix_
Journeyman III

Well, I actually did build personal customized made 3rd party driver pack for people just becasue none of above v10.4 works with OpenCL correctly and bug is on drivers not in OpenCL.

Anyway, as for now cannot suggest anything else put downloading and installing v10.3b, if developing OpenCL as everything else blocks GPUs.

as for my driver pack it's x64 only, if you wanna give a shot: Guru3D forums - my post

0 Likes

i have installed 10.5 on ubuntu 10.4 and it work for me. but i read on other forum that 10.4 and 10.5 have problem with multi GPU system on Ubuntu 10.4

0 Likes

I had problems using multiple GPUs (2 HD 5970s) on Ubuntu with the 10.4 driver (it works fine with 10.3)

In the 10.4 release notes "Screen may go blank if the other monitor is unplugged in dual-head mode" is listed as a known issue. Because it's now listed as a resolved I was hoping that this would maybe solve my problems.

I haven't tried installing 10.5 yet, but has anyone got some experience with 10.5 and multiple GPUs on Linux?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: dominik_g

I haven't tried installing 10.5 yet, but has anyone got some experience with 10.5 and multiple GPUs on Linux?

I can confirm that multi-GPU support still doesn't work with Ubuntu 10.4 even if using Catalyst 10.05.

The Xserver freeze at the startup if I enable the second GPU. Both my GPUs work fine if used alone.

I assume it is an incompatibility between kernel version in Ubuntu 10.4 and ATI drivers. Ubuntu 9.10 was working fine even with Catalyst 10.04 (while Ubuntu 10.4 freeze with Catalyst 10.04).

0 Likes

I see, thanks for you reply.

Have you tried using Catalyst 10.5 with multiple GPUs in Ubuntu 9.10?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: dominik_g I see, thanks for you reply.

Have you tried using Catalyst 10.5 with multiple GPUs in Ubuntu 9.10?

Nope, Catalyst 10.5 were not yet available, however Catalyst 10.4 were working fine on my PC (with a 5870 and a 5850).

0 Likes

I have found a workaround to the multi-gpus problem here: http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1828

Finally my 5870+5850 work again with Ubuntu 10.04

0 Likes