cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

zubac
Journeyman III

ATI Stream (Brook+) ADL question

I wrote some Brook+ code that worked (and is still working) perfect on my old PC (ATI Radeon 3850). When I run that code on my new Laptop (with Radeon Mobility 5650) it works even faster, but (as my little project has progress bar that shows GPU usage in %, implemented using ADL  is not showing coreclty gpu usage (and that is working perfectly on 3850). When I start kernel (5650), GPU usage reported by ADL stays around zero, then kernel finishes, and after (lets say one) second, usage for a moment goes to 100 % and immediately returns to 0%. As this is not expected behavior I am wondering what is wrong? And most of all, how to get it work right?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
4 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

What is  ADL?

0 Likes

http://developer.amd.com/gpu/ADLSDK/Pages/default.aspx i observe similiar behaviour when running OpenCL application and query load with aticonfig which IMHO use ADL too. but with current driver i see normal load.

0 Likes
zubac
Journeyman III

The thing is that I am using only one function from ADL (ADL_Overdrive5_CurrentActivity_Get) which also happens to return gpu and memory frequences, and memory voltage values (one function call). And while gpu is working those frequencies and voltage show heigher values than usual (and that is normal) and gpu load percentage value stays at zero while gpu is at load and jumps when gpu is finnished with work (that is not normal).

Also I have driver version 10.7. installed.

0 Likes
Byron
Staff

Originally posted by: zubac I wrote some Brook+ code that worked (and is still working) perfect on my old PC (ATI Radeon 3850). When I run that code on my new Laptop (with Radeon Mobility 5650) it works even faster, but (as my little project has progress bar that shows GPU usage in %, implemented using ADL  is not showing coreclty gpu usage (and that is working perfectly on 3850). When I start kernel (5650), GPU usage reported by ADL stays around zero, then kernel finishes, and after (lets say one) second, usage for a moment goes to 100 % and immediately returns to 0%. As this is not expected behavior I am wondering what is wrong? And most of all, how to get it work right?

Thanks in advance!

Could I get your code and program, so that we may look at it?

0 Likes