Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Johan
Journeyman III

ATi Catalyst Control Center

Hi,

I recently updated my drivers for my ATi X800 PRO graphic card, it went smooth and no problems doing it but when I tried to open the Control Center to start connecting my TV to the computer I get the following error message;
You do not have the permission to change Catalyst Control Center settings.
Please contact your administrator for further help.

I am the Administrator of this computer, I'm logged in as the administrator aswell while using the computer, any idea on how I can fix this little problem?

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask since this is my first time on these boards.

/Johan
0 Likes
1 Reply
autoplay
Journeyman III

Did you choose the custom or non express setup for the CCC installation, as I believe it should prompt for single/multi user install, and if that doesn't fix it - try a right click on the app icon and choose 'RunAs' to run it as admin if available - and if for whatever reason your system is using any extra protection from casual changes, then you'll need to enable changes for your log in as well - simply guarding against system hijacks I guess?

As OS's above XP will normally check to make sure you are the admin before running a potentially system changing enabled application.

0 Likes