Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

evo
Adept I

Appcrash caused by module amdocl64.dll

Hello!

I have a problem with some of the OpenCL executable files.

Some of them crashes when I'm trying to run it.

The error message is:

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
Application Name:BoxFilter.exe
Application Version:0.0.2.9
Application Timestamp:53f2eaa5
  Fault Module Name:amdocl64.dll
  Fault Module Version:10.0.1445.5
Fault Module Timestamp:53508c59
Exception Code:c0000005
  Exception Offset:00000000000575ae
  OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

This error occurs mostly with the apps compiled for 64 bit system.

Can you please me help to resolve this issue.

Best regards,

evo

0 Likes
6 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi evo,

Please check path of the amdocl64.dll and other APP SDK environmental variables to ensure that proper version of libraries are being loaded.

This error occurs mostly with the apps compiled for 64 bit system.

Are you facing the problem only when you're building the project freshly? Or do you see same problem if you run the per-built sample binaries [example path: C:\Users\uname\AMD APP SDK\<version>\samples\opencl\bin\x86_64]?

You may try a fresh installation of driver and APP SDK to see if it solves the problem. If not, please share clinfo output and setup details such as catalyst, APP SDK, OS, hardware etc.

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi Dipak,

The AMDAPPSDKROOT variable has following value C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP SDK\2.9-1\ .

I've reinstalled driver and APP SDK, but the problem still takes place.

The same appcrash happenes when running clinfo.exe

Setup details:

catalyst rev. num. 13.9 (Display Driver ver. 8.97.100.11, OpenCL(tm) Driver 10.0.937.2);

APP SDK 2.9-1;

Windows 7 - 64bit; Visual Studio 2012

GPU - ATI Radeon HD 4890; CPU - AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core; MotherBoard ASUS sabertooth 990fx r2.0.

Regards,

Evo

0 Likes

As clinfo is not working, I guess, there is some issue with installation. After proper installation of catalyst driver, clinfo should show all the detected OpenCL platforms and devices (even without presence of any APP SDK). So, my advice would be first check the clinfo output after installation of driver and see whether its working or not.

Radeon HD 4890 is quite old GPU. The problem may be due to some compatibility issue. Were you using this same driver earlier? or just upgraded? If this is first time, you may try some other older catalyst driver prior to 13.9.

If you check list of conformance drivers in this page http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/syst..., you'll find Catalyst™ 14.4 (14.10.1006) corresponding to APP SDK 2.9-1. So, you may need to try some older SDK version which is compatible with your system.

Regards,

0 Likes

Ok. I've reinstalled catalyst driver, but clinfo crashed again. Is the clinfo.exe from C:\Windows\System32 right file?

Were you using this same driver earlier? or just upgraded?

I just built up a new machine from available hardware and never use it before. Consequently, the newest driver was installed.

I tried older version of catalyst driver (12.6) with APP SDK 2.7, but nothing has changed. 64 bit exe files still crashes every time.

Regards,

Evo

0 Likes

Yes, clinfo path is okay. Did you try the clinfo before installing APP SDK?

Another point is, please check catalyst control center or device manager to verify whether display driver has been properly installed or not.

0 Likes

Just following up to check whether the problem persists...Did a reinstall of the driver resolve the issue?

--Prasad

0 Likes