cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cartographer
Journeyman III

AMDSDKInstallManager.exe does not download the windows installers for the APP SDK

I've been trying to install the APP SDK as well as the Media SDK on 64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro to no avail. When I attempt to run AMDSDKInstallManager.exe and click download, the button simply greys out for ~1 second before returning to its normal state (nothing is downloaded). Similarly, if I attempt to just press install, the installer gives me the error: "Windows cannot find C:\Users\Name\Downloads\AMD-SDKInstaller-v1.3.158-Beta-windows-W-x64.exe" and quits. I have disabled Windows firewall as well as the outbound firewall on my router to no effect. Additionally, I have no antivirus running and have attempted running the installer both as an administrator as well as as a normal user. Any ideas? If not, does anyone have the links to the offline installers for the latest APP and Media SDKs for 64-bit Windows?

Edit: FWIW I tried the install manager under 64-bit linux running Wine and it also fails to download. Adding my computer to my network's DMZ did nothing as well, so I don't think its a network issue on my side.

0 Likes
1 Solution
munsingh
Staff

Hi cartographer,

There was an issue with the CDN site storing the actual installers, which are pulled by the AMDSDKInstallManager-1.3.exe. It has been fixed now and the AMDSDKInstallManager-1.3.exe should work, if it still does not work you can download the the links mentioned by dipak in the previous reply.

-Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pinform
Staff

Hi Colin,

Welcome!

I have white-listed you, so you should be able to post directly in the appropriate developer forum. As this question seems to be related to the OpenCL forum, I'm moving it there.

--Prasad

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

Please try the links provided by munsingh​​ Employee here Installed AMD APP SDK 2.9.1 but got OpenCL 2.0? [30-Jul-2015 10:59].

munsingh
Staff

Hi cartographer,

There was an issue with the CDN site storing the actual installers, which are pulled by the AMDSDKInstallManager-1.3.exe. It has been fixed now and the AMDSDKInstallManager-1.3.exe should work, if it still does not work you can download the the links mentioned by dipak in the previous reply.

-Manish