cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

BarsMonster
Journeyman III

AMD videocard sensors & clocks

Could anyone suggest me where can I find API to access/alter the following info:

Core temp (preferably with shader core/memory IO core subdivision)

Core/Memory clocks, change clocks

Core voltage, change core voltage

GPU load %

4xxx series is my interest spot, but 3xxx and 2xxx are also interesting.

Already tried to google this, but I guess I was not very lucky 🙂

0 Likes
5 Replies
drupal50
Journeyman III

I don't think you will know the exact temperture from using software, unless the GPU itself has a VRM or Hardware Monitor that is compatible with your BIOS.

0 Likes

Well I know that hardware have quite advanced monitoring features

For example RivaTuner can fetch all these info, I just need to do the same in C++ code, and I not like to reverce engeneer RivaTuner to know how this is done :-S

0 Likes
avk
Adept III

BarsMonster: RivaTuner's author wrote that he has made a huge work to acquire a lots of information used in his perfect utility. Yes, most of those information has been discovered by reverse engineering. BTW, RivaTuner provide some API which you could use. What about this?
0 Likes

Well, I do not need to be that flexible as RivaTuner, I am focused on AMD/ATI 4xxx cards only and need only small fraction of functionality. Can't belive there is no public API for that or something.

I would not be able to bundle RivaTuner with my product, so most likely using RivaTuner for that is not an option.

0 Likes
avk
Adept III

I'm not sure that you'll need to bundle RivaTuner with your own product, if you'll use its API. AFAIK, there is small library (dll) exist in RivaTuner, which can be freely distributed. I would like to recommend you to read more carefully RivaTuner's documentation. BTW, there is another ATI-oriented RivaTuner-like utility exist - ATI Tray Tool. I think that you'll find a solution for your needs by talking with an authors of both utilities .
0 Likes