Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

tylrwb
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon HD 7900 running Win7 Pro

Hello all,

I just got a new PC and it has 2 of these cards in the system. The Catalyst control sees both naming 1 primary and the second as linked. I have one monitor plugged into the primary and another monitor connected to the second card. Is this not how it works? The PC did not come with a duel DVI to VGA it only came with 1 DVI to VGA. The primary is using this adapter because of the KVM switch but the second one I am using DVI. I do not have video on the second monitor and a second monitor does not come up in the Catalyst control panel. Also the driver is called AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, but the card is a MSI card. I don't know if that matters or not. The PC was bought setup already. Also the second Card had plastic covers on all the ports. Your help is much appreciated.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
mpappula
Staff

i hope Crossfire was enabled in your PC.
When crossfire Enabled in PC Secondary GPU will be the linked adapter and Display ports will be disabled for it.
Please disable the Crossfire in AMD catalyst control center to get the display from secondary GPU.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
mpappula
Staff

i hope Crossfire was enabled in your PC.
When crossfire Enabled in PC Secondary GPU will be the linked adapter and Display ports will be disabled for it.
Please disable the Crossfire in AMD catalyst control center to get the display from secondary GPU.

0 Likes

Hello and thank you for the reply. Yes it is enabled but it will not let me disable it. I selected disable and hit apply and it moves back to enabled. Is there something else I need to do?

0 Likes