Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

davidenko
Journeyman III

AMD Overdrive SDK

Hello!

Where to get this great SDK that AMD Overdrive overclocking application uses?

0 Likes
13 Replies
davidenko
Journeyman III

Nobody?!? How i develop applications if AMD won't provide the damn SDK.This very unprofessional.

0 Likes

Overdrive SDK? Never heard of it. But what about AMD Display Library?

0 Likes

Oh for god's sakes how is the AMD Overdrive application made then.

And no documentation about this either.It sucks to be a develop applications for AMD.

0 Likes

Calm down . I believe that information you ask is closed by NDA. On the other hand, nobody will forbid you to explore graphics cards' BIOS and/or drivers to acquire information you need. Do you know about RivaTuner, ATI Tray Tool and so on? Their authors did that.

0 Likes

Whos talking anything abou GPU's.AMD Overdrive lets you overclock the CPU,Memory.

0 Likes

Sorry, I misunderstood you . In your case I just would suggest you to read "BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide" for an appropriate AMD CPU family. Or, if you prefere a quick path, you may explore (I mean - disassemble) AMD Overclock utility.

0 Likes

The tool has a loot of dlls how you know what to disassemble.Its sad we have to dissasemble stuff.While AMD is keeping the data lol this is histeric lol

0 Likes

Somebody prefere to keep its own secrets. Sorry, that's all I can provide for you, maybe somebody from AMD will be more helpful.

0 Likes

This is just nonesense lol

0 Likes

What do you mean "nonsense?" Does other CPU Vendors (Intel, VIA) provide something like what do you need?

0 Likes

Man gigabyte sent me their SDK and yes this is just nonsense.

Also AMD has these types of documentation and SDK its just won't be released to public to anytime soon.

0 Likes

Perhaps, a CPU and/or RAM overclocking is a chipset-specific feature - to be more precise - a motherboard-specific feature. I'm sure that you've already saw some chipset documentation on that link. Alas, it seems to me that it's all you can have.

Hey, AMD! What about the matter we discuss?

0 Likes

Anyway its useless it sucks to develop for AMD.But this is the reality.

0 Likes