Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

michael_adam
Journeyman III

AMD_gpu_association extension

Hello,

I am developing an OpenGL application and encountered some problems, caused by Windows and my hardware configuration.

My system consists of 3 RadeonHD 4870 and 6 connected monitors. On every monitor, an OpenGL Window is created and should render some full-hd content. I figured out, that windows send all OpenGL commands to all graphic cards.

To get over this problem, I have tried to use the AMD_gpu_association extension to bind the specific commands to a render context, but I was not able to create a render context like described in the extension specification.

wglCreateAssociatedContextAMD( 1 ) returned 0 and GetLastError does also return 0

Here is an example of my code:

hDC=GetDC(windowHandle);

pixelFormat=ChoosePixelFormat(hDC,&pfd);

SetPixelFormat(hDC,pixelFormat,&pfd);

hRC=wglCreateContext(hDC);

wglMakeCurrent(hDC,hRC));

gpuID = wglGetContextGPUIDAMD( hRC );

wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL );

wglDeleteContext( hRC );

hRC = wglCreateAssociatedContextAMD( gpuID );

I have tried this with and without 'wglDeleteContext( hRC )' and 'wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL )' with no effect.

Could you please send me some sample code or tell me whats my fault?

Michael

0 Likes
3 Replies
nickh
Journeyman III

Hi Michael,

I just saw this post. Are you still seeing issues on the latest drivers? Your code looks correct.

-Nick

0 Likes

Hi Nick,

the main fault of my code was, that I have to do a wglGetGPUIDsAMD at first for some initialization purposes.

Doing this, I was able to create a context, but I ran in a deadlock in the driver.

I don'n know, if the newest driver fixed the Problems, because I've switched back to the old nV... cards, but I had sent some testing code to Christopher Mayer to reproduce the problem.

Michael

0 Likes

Hi Michael,

We had seen something similar in one of the first driver releases with that feature, but that has been fixed for some time.

Thanks for letting us know!

-Nick

0 Likes