Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

quiret
Adept I

AMD Compress VS2015 support, MDd_DynamicDebug linkage

Hello AMD developer community!

I have been using the ATI_Compress library to create textures for mobile platforms. Since the AMD Compress library released recently I decided to give it a shot.

Unfortunately there are problems with it that ATI_Compress did not have.

1) I am planning to ship an application with "MD_DynamicRelease" linkage that is compiled using Visual Studio 2013. AMD Compress should be linked using the static lib files.

Linking the release build with AMD Compress works fine. When I try to link it using debug runtime, I get linker errors!

1>rwtools_d_v120.lib(Codecbuffer.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "0" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "2" in MagicExport.obj überein.

1>rwtools_d_v120.lib(Codecbuffer.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "RuntimeLibrary": Der Wert "MD_DynamicRelease" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "MDd_DynamicDebug" in MagicExport.obj überein.

1>rwtools_d_v120.lib(Codec.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "0" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "2" in MagicExport.obj überein.

1>rwtools_d_v120.lib(Codec.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "RuntimeLibrary": Der Wert "MD_DynamicRelease" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "MDd_DynamicDebug" in MagicExport.obj überein.

1>rwtools_d_v120.lib(CodecBuffer_RGBA8888.obj) : error LNK2038: Konflikt ermittelt für "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL": Der Wert "0" stimmt nicht mit dem Wert "2" in MagicExport.obj überein.

(...)

This is irritating because I can use the "MDd_DynamicDebug" setting with ATI_Compress and any other library in my project. Can you please include .lib files that are linked with the debug CRT?

2) Visual Studio 2015 has been released the last weeks. How about a build of AMD Compress for it? Unfortunately Microsoft updated the CRT and compiler so that older (static) .lib files are no longer compatible!

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
navin
Staff

Hello Quiret,

The Library supplied with the current package is for release builds, a updated version will be supplied that will add support for debug builds and VS2015.

Regards,

Navin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
navin
Staff

Hello Quiret,

The Library supplied with the current package is for release builds, a updated version will be supplied that will add support for debug builds and VS2015.

Regards,

Navin

The new libraries work splendid! The linker errors are gone and the VS2015 support just works. Really looking forward to an official release

0 Likes