cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jjones12
Journeyman III

AMD APP SDK v3.0 Windows x64 Install Fails

I've had zero success in installing this version of the SDK on any system I've tried.  Two different Win 7 machines and a Win 10 box all producing the same error.

I referenced this post and have tried both the Full and Web installers for x64  it seems the installer is downloading but failing to install with the following Windows Installer error :

AMD APP SDK v3.0 Error.png

I confirmed that the Windows Installer Services was started after doing some searching on this error to no avail.

I would also note that I had no issues installing the v2.9 SDK x64 Windows (from here)to any of these same machines, but I'm in need of v3.0.  I've also tried the v3.0 Win installer from this link with the same results.

Is there something wrong with the installer or am I missing something on all of my machines that's causing it to fail possibly?

0 Likes
5 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reporting it. I also observed the same error with the web installer. I'll check it with concerned team.

The full installer (http://amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/app-sdk/installers/APPSDKInstaller/3.0.130.135-GA/full/AMD-AP...) , however, seems working fine and I was able to install it successfully on a Win10 laptop.

Regards,

0 Likes
jjones12
Journeyman III

Dipak, I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway for the link to the full installer in your response.  Thanks for the quick feedback though.

0 Likes

I've uploaded a temporary copy of APP SDK 64 bit here: AMD-APP-SDKInstaller-v3.0.130.135-GA-windows-F-x6...

Please try this one.

0 Likes

Thank you, I'm currently away on a business trip...but will look to

download this (or a working version from AMD's site) next week when I'm

back home.

Jason

0 Likes

For some reason the hyperlink wasn't working directly, had to manually

convert the URL encoding (probably what I needed to do with the first link

as well) but after doing so I got the file and it worked wonderfully.

Many thanks!

0 Likes