cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

bsp2020
Elite

Re: AMD APP SDK 3.0 Beta now Available

clinfo AMD ships with their catalyst driver is 64bit. The data from ozone3d site is produced using their GpuCapsViewer, which I think is available in 32 bit only. On my PC (Kaveri, Win8.1 x64), clinfo show OCL2.0 for GPU but GpuCapsViewer shows OCL1.2 for GPU.

Do you have both Intel OCL and AMD catalyst installed on your machine? I only have AMD OCL on my PC. Maybe having both installed is causing issues?

0 Likes
titanius
Adept II

how do you reinstall it?

i had to quit the installer in the middle and when i try to reinistall it, i get this wierd error

APP SDK 3.0-0 Beta is already installed on this computer. This wizard will not install APP SDK 3.0-0 Beta. I tried uninstalling it from the control panel (win 7) and no variation works. I can only reinstall the media library.

i am guessing the installer is messing up some registry keys somewhere. shouldn't there be an option to just reinstall?

0 Likes
dipak
Staff
Staff

1) Sorry, we don't have any such tool. Please use any publicly available standard SPIR generator for this purpose.

2) Cannot comment right now.

3) Nice to hear that it served your purpose.

Regards,

0 Likes
Meteorhead
Challenger

I would like to submit a feature request for the final version of SDK 3.0.

Please clean up and update the cl.hpp that ships with the SDK. I very much hate the C API of OpenCL due to it's verbosity. The C++ bindings help to some extent, but some cl::Device::getInfo() versions are missing, such as CL_DEVICE_IMAGE_MAX_BUFFER_SIZE. Also, please remove the monstrosity around the kernel functors emulating variadic macros. The LoC count is crazy and Visual Studio has had implemented proper variadics for quite some time now.

cl.hpp is an extremely useful utility wrapper. Please update it to OpenCL 2.0 and proper variadics.

0 Likes
et1
Adept II

I think it's a Khronos issue, but yes, I'd love a new cl.hpp too.

0 Likes
Meteorhead
Challenger

In an ideal world it would be, but AFAIK the cl.hpp was developed by AMD for their own SDK, and Khronos only hosts the headers for convenience, but it is not part of the standard. As you can see, the provisional spec of OpenCL 2.0 has been around for more than a year, and still no C++ bindings for that. That is because AMD has not updated their headers yet. That is why I asked.

0 Likes