cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cycheng-isgd
Adept I

Re: AMD APP Profiler 2.5 is now available

Sorry, but who do not recognize your kernel ?

Profiler is used to profiling your OpenCL program on AMD platform, its optional package, and it is included in APP SDK.

Try newer GPU driver again, e.g. 12.6 or 12.7

0 Likes
chevydevil
Adept II

Hello, using the profiler for GPU performance counters doens't work for me with Catalyst 12.10 APP SDK 2.7 Ubuntu 12.04 x64 and a Radeon 7870 or Radeon 5870. The command line profile yust quits without any message when reaching the kernel execution and when I use CodeXL the only error message is: "Failed to generate profile result".

I tried different kernels. CL_QUEUE_PROFILING_ENABLE was also set when creating the command queues.

Any suggestions?

Update: I tried some of the samples. The SimpleGL example could be profiled. Nbody and Fluid2D not.

0 Likes
lbin
Staff
Staff

Hi Chevydevil

Could you please try our latest developer tool CodeXL? We've fixed a few issues in the GPU profiling back end related to Catalyst compatibility. CodeXL also provides a nice GUI for the GPU profiling on Linux.

0 Likes
chevydevil
Adept II

As I wrote above, I tried CodeXL already. It is not working and gives the error message above.

0 Likes
chevydevil
Adept II

With the 12.11 beta driver, I get some relsults when using CodeXL. The performance counter stops after two or three iterations though. But better then nothing!

0 Likes
tomjackson
Journeyman III

Could you please try our latest developer tool CodeXL? We've fixed a few issues in the GPU profiling back end related to Catalyst compatibility. CodeXL also provides a nice GUI for the GPU profiling on Linux. Now it is easy to use Linux for all purposes.

-------------------------

[url=http://www.hotbunshair.com]hotbunshair.com[/url]"

0 Likes
lwh1990
Journeyman III

HI , I am a new learner to AMD APP Profile and I met a problem.

how can I creat file.txt while follow the command line:

sprofile -P "/path/to/occupancy/params/file.txt" -o "path/to/output.html"

thaks!

0 Likes
lbin
Staff
Staff

APP Profiler is superseded by CodeXL. Please download CodeXL which includes the same command tool sprofile with bug fixes that should address your problem.

0 Likes