Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

diapolo
Adept I

ALUBusy - an easy way to raise it? + Vec3 problems

Originally posted by: genaganna
Originally posted by: diapolo @genaganna:

I prefer to not post the kernel in here, but I could send it to you for a review. Just leave an E-Mail address.

The used Vec3 kernel parameter is an array, which consists of uints in the runtime, which works for vec2 and vec4 :-/.

Isn't any developer from AMD here, who can comment on the error I get in the KernelAnalyzer?

I am from AMD.  It looks like you filed a developer ticket and did not select appropriate field.  I did not get an email for that ticket.  Please paste ticket number here.

Indeed, I filed a ticked, but didn't get any ID via e-mail :-/. Can I create a new one, with just a link to this thread?

Edit: Ticket ID 1481

Dia

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: diapolo

Indeed, I filed a ticked, but didn't get any ID via e-mail :-/. Can I create a new one, with just a link to this thread?

Edit: Ticket ID 1481

We are able to reproduce the issue. Issue is reported to developers.

I have few questions.

1. Where it is crashing when you run? Is it crashing in clEnqueueNDRangeKernel or somewhere else? Please tell us at which API, your code is crashing.

2. What happens when you run on CPU device?

0 Likes
diapolo
Adept I

to 1. I can't tell the exact time, when it's crashing, but I know, that the kernel gets somehow compiled, because a binary kernel file (*.elf) is generated (for GPU and CPU).

to 2. The API of the main software is Python AFAIK, I have not written it by myself, it's the Phoenix bitcoin-miner, and what you got is the kernel for it. CPU device, doesn't work, too.

Any further news about the bug?

0 Likes
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: diapolo to 1. I can't tell the exact time, when it's crashing, but I know, that the kernel gets somehow compiled, because a binary kernel file (*.elf) is generated (for GPU and CPU).

to 2. The API of the main software is Python AFAIK, I have not written it by myself, it's the Phoenix bitcoin-miner, and what you got is the kernel for it. CPU device, doesn't work, too.

It would good if you ask Python developers where exactly crashing. 

Any further news about the bug?

Developers are looking the issue.  

0 Likes
diapolo
Adept I

Any news on this issue genaganna?

Thx, Dia

0 Likes