cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

haibo031031
Journeyman III

a parameter in clEnqueueNDRangeKernel

Hi, there is a parameter in function ' clEnqueueNDRangeKernel', called 'global_work_offset'. Can anybody explain it to me, please? (I have read the specifications, but still feel confused). It's better to give me an example or something like that.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: haibo031031 Hi, there is a parameter in function ' clEnqueueNDRangeKernel', called 'global_work_offset'. Can anybody explain it to me, please? (I have read the specifications, but still feel confused). It's better to give me an example or something like that.

Many thanks.

Suppose you have two 1D array of 100 elements and you want to add only last 50 elements.

just specifing offset as 50 will add all last 50 element by element.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: genaganna
Originally posted by: haibo031031 Hi, there is a parameter in function ' clEnqueueNDRangeKernel', called 'global_work_offset'. Can anybody explain it to me, please? (I have read the specifications, but still feel confused). It's better to give me an example or something like that.  

Many thanks.  

Suppose you have two 1D array of 100 elements and you want to add only last 50 elements.

just specifing offset as 50 will add all last 50 element by element.

Thanks for your reply. That is : there are 100 elements, and we use 100 work-items to process them. When I want to all the last 50 elements, just specify offset as 50. At this moment, the total number of work-items/threads is still 100 or 50?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: haibo031031  

Thanks for your reply. That is : there are 100 elements, and we use 100 work-items to process them. When I want to all the last 50 elements, just specify offset as 50. At this moment, the total number of work-items/threads is still 100 or 50?

Total number threads/work-items are 50 which is equivalent to (global_work_items - offset).

0 Likes