Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

teybeo
Journeyman III

6400M Counters in gDEBugger 5.8

Hello everyone.

I'm relatively new to OpenGL programming, I learn alone so there are a lot of things on which I spent a lot of time trying to understand. I found gDEBugger and I am quite sure it will help me a lot in this.

But I recently discovered some strange behavior in the GPU while running some of my apps and I think that I need more than the "basics" (but still very cool) features available in gDEBugger.

Like the title says I'm trying to access the Performance Counters in gDEBugger but the sub-menu doesn't show up, there's only the "ATI OpenGL" line.

There are 2 points which I think might be the cause :

• The computer is a HP ProBook 4730s. It has a Pentium B940 with HD 2000 graphics and the card is a HD 6490M.

It's running 7 64 bits Pro and has Switchable Graphics.

This feature force me to get the driver via HP because it is a combo driver for both the integrated and discrete graphics circuits on this page. The driver I installed is 8.91-111013a-128465C-HP.

• I've seen AMD has acquired  gDEBugger and developed it to the 6.2 version. I don't currently have VS2010 so I can't test the latest from AMD and use the 5.8 instead.

In short, do the perf counters are not available because of the specific combo driver from HP or because the 6400M series is not supported in the old gDEBugger 5.8 version ? Or any others cause ?

Thanks in advance. And btw, no, English is not my native language, sorry for my expression.

0 Likes
1 Reply
teybeo
Journeyman III

I played with the different mode of capture and some things related to in my program, but didn't really succeeded. Sometimes the trace info appears, but sometimes not.

As I don't really understand how the pausing works and which method to use in my program I would rather stop and wait for the release of the updated gDEBugger standalone.

Anyways, what I was trying to figure out isn't at all blocking, it's just that I would like understanding what happens but this one seems to be too big for me at the moment.

Thank you both for your answers.

0 Likes