cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

inducer77
Adept II

13.4 vs 13.3 beta

Hi there,  I have a (relatively complicated) kernel (the "sort" test in PyOpenCL) that's misbehaving with the 13.4 ICD, but working fine on the 13.3 beta ICD, both from this page:  http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.42&la...  My question is whether it's worth my time to put together a bug report. That page gives the impression that the 13.3 beta, despite the number, might be the "newer/better/upcoming" code. I.e. if my issue is already fixed in the most recent versions of the compiler, then there's little point in a report.  I'd appreciate your feedback.  Thanks! Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution

The issue does not seem to be present in 13.6 beta, which came out a little while ago.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Can you tell what you mean by "ICD is working"? Are you working with multiple OpenCL platforms?

0 Likes

By ICD, I mean "installable client driver", i.e. "libamdocl64.so", i.e. the AMD OpenCL implementation.

0 Likes

13.3 should not be newer than 13.4, even if it is beta. But then i am not sure about the versioning mechanism. Probably you can wait for the next stable release. If the issue exists there, please report the bug.

The issue does not seem to be present in 13.6 beta, which came out a little while ago.

0 Likes