cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

josefweinbub
Adept I

13.352.1009 for W9000 on OpenSuse 13.1 64 bit: No libOpenCL.so?

Hi,

the latest FirePRO driver for Linux 64 bit (13.352.1009) does indeed support OpenSuse 13.1 64 bit.

However, no suitable libOpenCL.so is installed, only libOpenCL.so.1, which does not work linking against OpenCL (just for the sake of it, I created a symbolic link from /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so.1 to /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so) applications as the linker complains (no surprise here):

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so when searching for -lOpenCL

/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.8/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lOpenCL

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Executing 'clinfo' correctly lists the W9000 and the AMD CPU of the system (output attached to this post).

I have installed the driver manually according to the guide here [1]. The install log (attached to this post) did not reveal any errors during the installation.

Is there something I have overlooked? Any advice?

Thanks!

Best, Josef

[1] SUSE/openSUSE - cchtml.com

System Stats:

--------------------------

Linux distribution: OpenSuse 13.1 64 Bit

Kernel: 3.11.10-11-desktop

GCC: 4.8.1

GLIBC: 2.18

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955

Memory: 8GB

Mainboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe

Graphics adapter: AMD FirePro W9000

0 Likes
1 Solution
josefweinbub
Adept I

In the meantime, I have already solved this issue:

We need to install the AMD APP SDK, which will install the actual libOpenCL.so.

Just tested it, and it works.

Sorry for the noise. I thought that AMD switched to delivering the libOpenCL.so via the driver rather using the APP SDK.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
josefweinbub
Adept I

In the meantime, I have already solved this issue:

We need to install the AMD APP SDK, which will install the actual libOpenCL.so.

Just tested it, and it works.

Sorry for the noise. I thought that AMD switched to delivering the libOpenCL.so via the driver rather using the APP SDK.

0 Likes