Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

captian-n
Adept II

12.3 RC 8.95 - BSOD with multiple device - multiple context - multiple threads

Hi all,

I develop at the moment with new HD 7950 and I try the new 12.2 pre-certified driver now 12.3. My application is multiple context with multiple threads style and until now it worked all the time without problems. With the new driver it chrashed with a blue screen if I release the complete stuff with a call like that:

parallel_for(0,static_cast<int>(pOpenClDevices.size()),[&](int l)

{

clReleaseKernel(pOpenClDevices.OpenCLBackPro);

clReleaseKernel(pOpenClDevices.OpenCLBackPro2);

clReleaseKernel(pOpenClDevices.OpenCLResetImage);

clReleaseKernel(pOpenClDevices.OpenCLReset);

clReleaseKernel(pOpenClDevices.OpenCLScaling);

clReleaseContext(pOpenClDevices.Context); 

});

I use lambdas in combination with the PPL from Microsoft VS 2010. This just an example it sometimes also crashes during a parallel read back. Have any else that multi threading problem is there a workaround. Single threading is no solution it works but for HPC issues with up to 8 GPUs per machine the increasing of calculation time is to big. It runs also with one device without errors or with an older driver.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
captian-n
Adept II

With the 12.4 Beta from 15. March (8.96-120315) the BSOD issue seems to be solved. I tested it now for several cases and it works fine. But now the core clock and memory clock rate of the Disabled adapters (that one without monitors) stays at idle speed with an OpenCL load. Only the adapter with monitor increase the the clock rates  Knows someone a solution how can I increase it for OpenCL, without plugin a monitor or monitor simulator? May be with OpenCL commands?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies