cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Manageability Community

Juhnu
Adept I

Trying to find DASH support for password issue

I've tried to find a solution to an issue similat to AMD Dash won't listen on port. - AMD Community. I've got HP device and gone up to 3rd line support with them without solution or confirmation, if the password length can cause problems.

I've also emailed dashsupport@amd.com without reply, so I wanted to try to contact the original poster to see if he/she has found a solution. Also to add to that post my own findings.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I managed to sort this issue out, so here is my solution for anyone else looking for help on this.

Short recap:

• I enabled DASH on HP with Realtek NIC through BIOS
    • In Realtek BIOS I was required to enter admin name and password (no defaults)
    • I entered long password (over 15 characters)

After that I could not access DASH through management console or BIOS. I tried to reset everything from BIOS, but DASH was locked.

Solution:

With the latest DashConfigRt I ran password change command. I entered my original too long password as the old one, and new password that was under 15 characters. 

After the change, my new password works and I can access and use DASH.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @Juhnu ,

Thank you for posting it. I've moved this post to the appropriate forum.

Also, I've whitelisted you, so now you should be able to post a reply here: AMD Dash won't listen on port. - AMD Community

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thanks dipak.

I posted description and details on https://community.amd.com/t5/amd-manageability-community/amd-dash-won-t-listen-on-port/m-p/322770#M2... to keep it under one thread.

This thread can be removed as double.

0 Likes

Hi @Juhnu 

Just to let you know, I've sent an email to the DASH team and informed about the issue. Hope you will get a response soon.

Thanks.

I managed to sort this issue out, so here is my solution for anyone else looking for help on this.

Short recap:

• I enabled DASH on HP with Realtek NIC through BIOS
    • In Realtek BIOS I was required to enter admin name and password (no defaults)
    • I entered long password (over 15 characters)

After that I could not access DASH through management console or BIOS. I tried to reset everything from BIOS, but DASH was locked.

Solution:

With the latest DashConfigRt I ran password change command. I entered my original too long password as the old one, and new password that was under 15 characters. 

After the change, my new password works and I can access and use DASH.

0 Likes