Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hands-on with the Dell Latitude 5495

dtjong
Staff
Staff
1 1 7,654

P1011584.jpgP1011588.jpgP1011585.jpgP1011587.jpg

The 14” Dell Latitude 5495 is a mobile workstation designed for work on the go. Powered by a 4 core, 8 thread AMD Ryzen™ Pro processor, you can multi-task through several productivity applications at the same time. The Ryzen Pro processor also features the premium Radeon™ Vega Graphics to handle visually demanding tasks such as graphics design

Here is the system configuration for the unit I’m testing (Your configuration may vary. Contact your Dell sales representative for an up-to-date configuration list)or 3D rendering. This professionally styled business laptop fits in any office environment and speeds through your work day.

• AMD Ryzen™ 5 PRO 2500U processor with Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics (Also available with Ryzen 7 PRO and Ryzen 3 PRO processor configurations)
  • 14 Inch, 1920x1080 Display
  • 16GB DDR4 memory
  • 512GB SSD
  • 68WHr Battery

Utilitarian Professional Design:

The Dell Latitude 5495 is designed to fit any business environment with its simple clean design and matte black color scheme. I find this laptop very portable with its 14 inch screen and measures in at about 13.1” x 9.0” x 0.9” (229mm x 333mm x 22mm) and weighs 1.75 kg, which is perfect size and weight to store in my laptop bag.

While this laptop is portable, it still retains the typical connectors I would need during my typical work day. The left side of the laptop includes a USB Type-C, USB Type-A, SD card reader and smartcard reader.

P1011581.jpg

On the back side you’ll find the Ethernet, HDMI, a second USB Type-A and power connector.

P1011582.jpg

And finally, on the right side there’s a headphone jack, third USB Type-A, VGA connector and a Noble Wedge Lock slot. The Dell Latitude 5495 has pretty much every connection I require without me needing to carry additional adapters.

P1011583.jpg

Performance Underneath the Hood:

The Dell Latitude 5495 I’m testing here uses an AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 2500U processor but it’s also available in Ryzen 3 and 7 options. Combined with the premium Radeon Vega Graphics, the Dell Latitude is ready to handle everything from word processing to content creation.

Chart.jpg

All Day Battery Life:

Battery life is critical to me unless I plan on being plugged in all day long. For battery testing I ran the MobileMark 2014 Office Productivity test on my unit, which is configured with a 68WHr battery, AMD Ryzen 5 PRO Mobile 2500U processor and a 1080p touch screen. The resulting score I got was 615 minutes for the battery life. That’s over 10 hours of battery, which is more than enough to get me through an entire day of work without needing to recharge.

Security and Manageability:

The AMD Ryzen PRO processors are based on the same powerful “Zen” core architecture found in consumer laptops and desktops but these PRO variants are built with an emphasis on reliability, and offer additional security and manageability features.

For extra security, the Dell Latitude 5495 uses the Ryzen Pro processor’s Secure Boot feature to verify only authorized drivers and operating system are running on the laptop to prevent threats right from power on.

For IT professionals needing to manage a fleet of laptops, they can easily do so with DASH manageability support on Ryzen Pro processors. This allows IT professionals to manage, monitor, and deploy multiple computer systems easily.

So that’s a quick look at the Dell Latitude 5495 laptop powered by AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics; A laptop that delivers serious performance, security and reliability.

P1011592.jpgP1011591.jpgP1011579.jpgP1011589.jpg

David Tjong, Product Marketing Manager for AMD. His postings are his own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies or opinions. Links to third party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied. GD-5

1 Comment