Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Discussions

tcheng
Adept I

Large Scene is clipping in Render

Hi,

I'm trying to render a large landscape, but there seems to be some camera clipping in place.  Is there a way to extend the clipping plane?  Thanks. 

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
6 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

This can be fixed by increasing the Ray epsilon value. There is also a option in physical camera settings to adjust the clipping for the viewport results.

0 Likes
tcheng
Adept I

yes, I tried that, but it doesn't seem to affect rpr.  I change the viewport clipping plane and increase the physical camera clipping plane, but the clipping occurs roughly in the same area.  I thought there might be a seperate rpr clipping setting. 

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the info. After some research I was able to reproduce this issue on my side.

0 Likes
tcheng
Adept I

Great.  There a few other problems too, such as vector color doesn't work with RPR and sometimes the color correct node doesn't work.  This forum isn't really a bug report forum, so is there a more bug centric report forum I can contribute too?

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes this is the correct place to post bugs. If there is something we cannot reproduce, we may ask for additional information, such as steps or, if needed, the scene that it's reproduced on.

0 Likes

Regarding the color correct node, can you provide steps to reproduce this? Does it happen when connecting it to specific textures or when using it with material connections?

0 Likes