cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

godsic
Journeyman III

BROOK and CLR

Is anybody try to use BROOK+ in .net application with mixed regime?

I try to do it, and my project is build successfully but, when I try to start my app KERNELBASE generate an error! I use mixed assemblies, and .net is used only for interface of app, all computatuonal parts compiled with NO CLR SUPPORT!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Gipsel
Adept I

May I add a somehow reverse question? Has anybody been able to run a brook program without installing the .NET framework on the machine?

For me it appears the brook runtime (or probably the CAL dlls) requires the .NET framework. Could this requirement be removed (probably just a checkbox in the project properties)?

0 Likes

Brook+ runtime are also built using NO CLR Support. Brook+ libraries are dependent on C Runtime libraries (MSVC*). In case, these C runtime libraries are missing, you need to install them. Take a look at Brook+ FAQ doc point 19 for exact location of the installaion package.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: gaurav.garg Brook+ runtime are also built using NO CLR Support. Brook+ libraries are dependent on C Runtime libraries (MSVC*). In case, these C runtime libraries are missing, you need to install them. Take a look at Brook+ FAQ doc point 19 for exact location of the installaion package.

Yes, sorry, just checked it by myself with dependency walker. The problem was that some guys claimed it was not working on their systems even after installing the necessary C Runtime and only .NET 3.5 fixed it. But obviously they have screwed up something. Thanks!

0 Likes