cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cccccc
Adept I

RenderMonkey: error loading Collada file

RM won't load my Collada files -- how can I determine the problem?

I have some simple Collada test models that I'm trying to import into RenderMonkey, but the program prints an error message when I load them.  The message itself isn't much help. For example:

Loading Model "C:\models\mat_cube.dae"...Error
RENDERING ERROR(s):
Invalid model file for model data 'myModel1' in pass 'Pass 0

The mat_cube.dae scene in question is just a plain cube I exported from Blender.  It loads fine in the COLLADA viewer, and passes every other validation/coherency test I can find.  Is there any way to determine why RenderMonkey is failing to load them? If it's an error in my scene data, I'd be happy to correct it if I knew what it was.  If it's an error with the tool, is there a way to upload the faulty file so that the RenderMonkey team can use it to figure out what's wrong?

0 Likes
13 Replies
bpurnomo
Staff

Hello,

Please send the dae file to gputools.support@amd.com.

Thank you.

0 Likes

The dae files you sent to us are of version 1.4.0.  RenderMonkey only supports COLLADA 1.4.1.   You can get a COLLADA 1.4.1 plugin for Blender at http://colladablender.illusoft.com/cms/

0 Likes

Ah, thanks -- that does indeed seem to fix the problem.  It would be great if RenderMonkey had a more descriptive error message for this condition.

In the interest of completeness, I should point out that the plugin you linked to is no longer being directly maintained; the source has been pulled into the main Blender tree and is now part of standard releases.  Also, and more relevantly, it is not Collada 1.4.1 compatible (despite notes to the contrary on the plugin's old site); it only exports Collada 1.4.0 files.  Fortunately, the differences between 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 are fairly minor; in most cases, it is safe to just manually change the version number in the first line of the .DAE file from "1.4.0" to "1.4.1".

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by: cccccc

Ah, thanks -- that does indeed seem to fix the problem.  It would be great if RenderMonkey had a more descriptive error messagefor this condition.

I agree with this.

In the interest of completeness, I should point out that the plugin you linked to is no longer being directly maintained; the source has been pulled into the main Blender tree and is now part of standard releases.  Also, and more relevantly, it is not Collada 1.4.1 compatible (despite notes to the contrary on the plugin's old site); it only exports Collada 1.4.0 files.  Fortunately, the differences between 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 are fairly minor; in most cases, it is safe to just manually change the version number in the first line of the .DAE file from "1.4.0" to "1.4.1".

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for the correction.  Glad to help. Cheers.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have the similar problem as well…

When I’m trying to load dae file v1.4.1 RenderMankey is crashed. It happens when mashes are loading…

Could you please advise me what the problem is?

I’m use RenderMankey 1.8.1 and Feeling Software exporter for 3DSMax9

Also I have NVIDIA video card

Error details:

AppName: rendermonkey.exe                AppVer: 1.1.0.0      ModName: msvcr80.dll

ModVer: 8.0.50727.1433        Offset: 00008aa0

Here you can download the DAE file http://roomdec.com/box.DAE

Thanks for any help

Andrey

0 Likes

Hi Andrey,

I have been able to reproduce your problem above.  We are currently investigating this problem.  Please stay tuned.

0 Likes

Hi Budi,

Thanks for the help…I’m looking forward to message from you  

0 Likes

Hi Andrey,

Our investigation revealed that RenderMonkey does not support 3D texture from COLLADA format (there are also several other vertex properties that the app is also having difficulties with from your dae file).  I have added these feature requests to our tracking system. 

0 Likes

If it’s possible…Could you send me a list of the properties (with tags) which aren’t supported by RenderMonkey 18.2.

Also please advice me a software which will be the best for collada export.

Thanks for help

0 Likes

The following from your file are not supported: 3D texture coords, TEXTANGENT and TEXBINORMAL.

0 Likes

Hi

Thanks for the information... After some corrections we have loaded the collada file!

But now we have other problem...For some reason RenderMonkey crashs when we are trying to load DAE file with two texture channels. Here is the file http://roomdec.com/Pyramid.DAE

Does RenderMonkey support Multitexture channels in collada format?

Thank you for help

0 Likes

Can you provide me name of software for collada export?

0 Likes

Hi Andrey,

RenderMonkey does not support more than one set of texture coordinates per object (in COLLADA or any other formats).

Originally posted by: Atlas Andrey

Hi

Thanks for the information... After some corrections we have loaded the collada file!

But now we have other problem...For some reason RenderMonkey crashs when we are trying to load DAE file with two texture channels. Here is the file http://roomdec.com/Pyramid.DAE

Does RenderMonkey support Multitexture channels in collada format?

Thank you for help

0 Likes