Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

erix5
Journeyman III

ADL_SDK: fan control still not working with 9.3

ADL_Overdrive5_FanSpeed_Get() seems not working with 9.3

Dear developers,

I know you working hard every day to make Linux port better.

However, as a developer I was very surprised when I got a ADL_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED error message. ADL_Overdrive5_FanSpeed_Get() still not supported under Linux. 

Please, would you answer (probably predict ) me what release might support fan-related API's (ADL_Overdrive5_FanSpeed_*)?

Or maybe there is another way to get/set fan parameters? It is necessary thing for Linux Overclockers!!!

Regards,

0 Likes
4 Replies
erix5
Journeyman III

Seems nobody wants to answer me here... Please do not ignore the community messages, it is not good PR for ATI/AMD.

As a community, we can help you to make your software better, faster and more stable - you know it.

However, we can create good and useful tools for your GPU's  - we are able to provide many features that available for Windows platform (e.g. simple overclocking and diagnosis) but missed for Linux, but we can't! 

Many Linux users use WINE (or based on wine) emulator to play Windows games,or they enjoy native Linux games, and some of them would want to take from their hardware as much as possible. Overclocking is dangerous thing without FAN control.

I just ask you for documentation/ specification.

Thank you for your support

0 Likes

Well, I tried to find out in the I2C (for R6xx) documentation - there is no documentation for FAN control...

I still need documentation on this topic.

Dear developers, please give me information how I can manage FAN speed by I2C, if it is not possible by ADL API.

Thanks

0 Likes

hello...

can you tell me how to use ADL under C#  do i have to map a referance ?

Itried adding using ADL; and nothing happened.. i am not  a pro or a developer.. just trying to learn... please help

please help

0 Likes

Up

0 Likes