Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

_BlackDragon_
Journeyman III

ADL_SDK: Incorrect Doku ???

Is the documentation up to date ???

Hi,

i'm trying around with the ADL SDK a little bit, but it seems that the Documentation isn't at the current state. (Yes, installed the latest version of the driver 9.3  )

For example the function "ADL_Adapter_ClockInfo_Get" isn't available in the current version of the "atiadlxx.dll". No exported function can be found.

But in the documentation it has been explained and is still in use in the samples.

Why it is removed and not only be set to deprecated.

I try to translate this API to Delphi / Pascal.

I think it's a great SDK, but it would be more efficient and easier for developers to use it if it will be a the current state.

Greets

BlackDragon

0 Likes
3 Replies
Byron
Staff

It’s true that this API is NOT exposed in the released SDK, the code for getting the Clock info has been suspended and will be updated in the next update.

We recommended to use ADL_Overdrive5_ODParameters_Get() . However this API is supported only on the R600 ASIC's and above.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: Byron

We recommended to use ADL_Overdrive5_ODParameters_Get() . However this API is supported only on the R600 ASIC's and above.

Did you mean the Overdrive5-API is supported only on the R600 ASIC's. I didn't find any hints in the documentation and my knowledge about the technical details of the different apis in the sdk is very limited.

The only things I wanted to get are some basic informations about gpu / graphics adapter at a specific system and show the data in a UI (and add some other related information).

I'm still developing in delphi and have to translate the header files and implement an interface for the api functions. I don't like to do the "half way" only and therefore I want to translate it completely.

Hope that the update is comming soon...

Greets

BlackDragon

0 Likes

That's correct. As for the documentation we are working on an update.

Provide me with what you are looking for and I'll see if I can find the information for you.

0 Likes