cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Czerno
Journeyman III

Can't find docs for the Athlon/Sempron (32bits) systems programming

Can someone please provide the full URL for the PDF file(s) containing system programming details of the AMD *32 bits* Athlon/Sempron processors ? Unfortunately the ADM site search facility is not exhaustive to say the least - and I couldn't find any direct access to the docs index (if such exists and is publically accessible, where is it?) Anyway I'd need to download the volumes which have the description of MSRs, esp. pertaining to memory access in the Athlon 32 (model 😎 family...
0 Likes
11 Replies
avk
Adept III

Try that.
0 Likes
Czerno
Journeyman III

cancelled - please see next msg

0 Likes
Czerno
Journeyman III

Sorry Avk ! I had found that page of course before posting here. It does not have the systems programmer's manual for the AMD/IA32 Athlons. Those pages are periodically edited by the marketoïd people at AMD who leave only the latest and greatest plus some, it seems, random bits. I need to find an entry to the real *index* to archived AMD documents (isn't there an open FTP ?) or at least, the PDFs containing full programming details of the model-8 MSRs. Regards -- Czerno
0 Likes
avk
Adept III

Well, maybe www.datasheetpro.com will be helpful? I just open this site, enter "AMD" and can see lots of PDF. In your case, I think, you'll need to find a "BIOS & Kernel Developer's Guide" for specified CPU. Good luck !
0 Likes
Czerno
Journeyman III

Still no joy ! couldn't someone oblige and forward a copy of a "BIOS and Kernel Developer's guide" for Athlon XP or Sempron (model 😎 ? The exact K7 model doesn't matter too much for my purposes. At the very minimum, I need to recover the layout of the K7 "SMM state save area". It's one page or two, please forward it to my page on the site or email to czernobyl (at) mail (dot) ru ! thanks, zillions -- Czerno
0 Likes
avk
Adept III

Alas, I can't help you . As you said, somebody at AMD has hidden that AMD K7 BKDG (21656, 21922, 24141) due to ridiculous reason. Hey, AMD, is it so difficult to publish those obsolete documents?!
0 Likes

I checked with a member of the Tech Writing team, and AMD did not publish a BKGD for K7.  The documents you see here are the only ones available for 32-bit AMD Athlon processors:

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.1&product=2.1.1&contentType=Tech%20Doc%2...

Thanks.

0 Likes

I was searching for those docs too. Thanks for your answers.

Edit: Removed advertising from post

0 Likes

Actually the documents exist, their titles and order number are referenced in other documents available online from AMD. Avk above wrote down the documents numbers. As I understand it, they were submitted to non disclosure agreements & this may be the reason why they do not appear on the download pages. IMHO NDAs that once applied to those older [ but still useful] processors have long lost any justification and the PDFs should be included in the downloadable material in the interest of the community. Will AMD consider releasing them ? Thanks ... -- Czerno
0 Likes

I think www.datasheetpro.com will be helpful?try this.

0 Likes

thanks for the link buddy... it helps a lot for all newbies out there... keep sharing ur knowledge...

0 Likes