cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Releases RSS Feed

The "ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Releases" RSS Feed at http://www.ati.com/online/rss/atilinuxdriver.rss seems to be a handy way to keep up-to-date on new releases of the driver.  Unfortunately it appears that the feed is no longer being maintained.  I see that the Catalyst 9.2 driver was released on February 20, 2009 however it is not listed in the feed.  An RSS feed is my preferred way to monitor releases.  Please let me know if this feed is still active but has an error or if it has been replaced or discontinued.

0 Likes
4 Replies
avk
Adept III

You see, crisis... No money, no human resources etc. Or maybe AMD just in winter hibernation?

Hey AMD, you're capable to create very good GPUs and CPUs! But why don't you want to support your customers? Maybe you've forgot that, but I'll remember you: they (customers) still buy your hardware.

0 Likes
Byron
Staff

The Linux RSS feed was retired.

An entry was added to the Linux RSS feed announcing the retirement of the feed. The Linux driver download page should now point to the unified Catalyst RSS feed.

Linux entries now in the Catalyst RSS feed (the same feed used for Windows).

http://www2.ati.com/rss/catalyst.rss

0 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.  I missed the retirement announcement since I was only reading the headlines.  I found the following text in the body of the headline for the 9.1 release:

"Catalyst releases will be announced on a unified RSS feed with Catalyst releases for Microsoft Windows operating systems. Please visit the Catalyst driver download web site to subscribe to the new RSS feed."

This is unfortunate as the Linux specific feed was more relevant to me since I don't care about the noise generated by announcements for Windows releases.  It also appears that this new feed is not updated in a timely fashion.  The "ATI Catalyst 9.3 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver" is reported as having a release data as 2/20/2009.  As I check the feed today on 3/29/2009 it is still not listed.

0 Likes

We are working on correcting this, it should be update in the RSS Feed soon.

0 Likes