cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

drupal50
Journeyman III

Does anyknow any IT site that provide info on Datacenter size?

Does anyone know any sites that give information how big are the major corporation server size? Like the Datacenter size of Virtual Earth, YouTube, SourceForge...etc.

I am NOT searching for IT sites like the following

* File / Block level data depulication

* Green IT

0 Likes
11 Replies
pennybright
Journeyman III

Do you think those servers used by Google earth, Youtube, and the others are public sold? Or those made based on specified request? I don't think there is only few buyer for this kind of server.

0 Likes

Google does not disclose any information about its datacentres because they do not want their competitors to know this information. All we know for sure is that they have at least 12 large data centres in America and more throughout the rest of the world too.

0 Likes

Casey12, Google has more datacenters now ever since they acquired Youtube and Feedburner. But you are right, they won't disclose it.

BUT there are articles out there that discloses that Google DOES use datacenters not created by themselves! Just Google the info and you'll come across a lot of weird info.

0 Likes

You might try perusing annual reports, typically found online at the SEC. Good luck.

0 Likes

I'd like to know what the server size is as well.

0 Likes

Companies would not disclose their server size, last year the Google's N.C Data Center info on server size has leaked to the Press. But that info would not determine the present size as well because of its continuous growth and expansion to handle their traffic. It grows all the time. You can read this info on this site Big Expansion for Google's NC Data Center.

0 Likes

Those servers have got to be very large; especially Google Earth.  Well, YouTube, too.  I'd like to know what the server size is as well.

0 Likes

cool post... never knew bout it till now... 🙂 keep sharing..

0 Likes

No problem now you can use it.

Thnx

BBB

0 Likes
dickodoecike
Journeyman III

I am particularly interested in knowing about the server size of Youtube and sourceforge. But I doubt they would reveal such information to public.

0 Likes
Carlton05
Journeyman III

For some reasons, sites do not reveal their server and data center size. I tried searching for these information about YouTube before as a school project but were unfortunate. If there is someone here who knows, then that would be brilliant.

0 Likes