cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

MichaelChampigny
Journeyman III

calclFreeObject directly after linking in an application?

calclFreeObject

Is it possible to delete the object (i.e., calclFreeObject) directly after invoking calclLink? It seems linking into the final image should include the actual object code.

I'm worried that because the CALobject handle is opaque, CAL still needs it around when the kernel image is actually exeuted later in the application and that the CALobject object code is cached internally in the runtime.

0 Likes
2 Replies
gaurav_garg
Adept I

Calling calclFreeObject after invoking calclLink is not a problem.

0 Likes

Thanks!

On a related note, can I use amuasm to read in an IL file and generate a CALimage buffer suitable for reading with calImageRead? I don't want the hassle of linking with the calcl runtime just to compile and link the object code.

My intention is to somehow (maybe using amuasm) turn IL into a GPU-specific ISA and then read the file into a buffer. I can then pass the buffer to calImageRead as a CALimage. The amuasm tool is not well documented but it does accept a GPU target, leading me to believe it can parse IL as input.

Is that doable? Sorry, but I can't actually test any of this due to the lack of GPU support across RDP.

Thanks.

0 Likes