Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

chiron
Journeyman III

Windows 7 Beta drivers for 790X / Radeon HD4670 Platform

Hi all.

Just wanted to ask if someone could help me make my Windows 7 Beta platform a bit more stable via chipset drivers etc? I have a lot of problems with the computer BSOD'ing, freezing, and everything from memory management, irq less or equal, ntfs.sys, fltmgr.sys etc makes my system go bananas. 😉

I have installed the 8.12 preview package for Radeon cards and Windows 7 Beta, but I'm unsure what CPU/chipset drivers I should use for best performance?

My rig is:

MSI K9A2 CF-F BIOS 1.7 With AMD790X / SB600

AMD Athlon64 X2 CPU

Corsair PC6400DHX XMS2 RAM

AMD/ATI Radeon based ABIT Radeon HD4670 512Mb

SBLive Digital 5.1 PCI Soundcard

PSU Corsair 600W (650?) 😉 Don't quite remember, but it's the one on top of the 550W.

I'd like to mention that my system is steady as a rock when running both XP and Vista 32bit. Have never had a bluescreen in Vista, during the whole time I've used it, so it's a little strange that the Win7b is so unstable on my rig. (Well, not really, actuallly...lol..)

Hope anyone can help me, pointing me in the right direction. 😉

And thanks to AMD/ATI for joining, it's surely my dreamteam!

Best regards from

Ronny Pettersen

Bergen, No(r)way

0 Likes
6 Replies
avk
Adept III

Ah, Windows 7! This will be a very tasty pie when it's done. But now it's just a beta version, even not last one (I mean "Build 7022"). I suggest you to test your rig in the 32-bit version of Windows 7 beta. You see, the 32-bit versions of Windows still have more software support from the hardware vendors rather than 64-bit ones, at least I think so. Or try find the root of your problem amongst other Windows 7 beta 64-bit users somewhere else.
0 Likes
chiron
Journeyman III

Hello.

Thanks, I just want to say that I tried the 32bit version, but didn't find the problem. So I installed it over again, and this time it looks stable. Strange, but that's probably why they call it beta? 😉 Wow, a huge increase in cpu/gpu performance in the windows hardware perf.index! I like it already! ;-D

Best regards

-ChiRon

No(r)way

0 Likes

I prefer to wait the official version. I don't undersetimate beta version but I often heard that most beta version is unstable. Don't want to take the risk, especially for operation system.

0 Likes

And wgere did you get a BETE version? I would try it if I will find it

0 Likes

Is there a beta version available ?

0 Likes

You, guys and girls, just try to google something like that "Download Windows 7 beta" or (even better) try to search it in BitTorrent trackers.

0 Likes