cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

ryta1203
Journeyman III

OpenCL

When can we expect to see an OpenCL implementation from AMD?
0 Likes
10 Replies

Ryta,
AMD has announced that it will be available in first half of 2009, outside of that we cannot give any more specifics.
0 Likes

Originally posted by: MicahVillmow Ryta, AMD has announced that it will be available in first half of 2009, outside of that we cannot give any more specifics.

Where was that announced? I can't see a press release...

0 Likes

Originally posted by: MicahVillmow

Ryta,

AMD has announced that it will be available in first half of 2009, outside of that we cannot give any more specifics.

Micah,

Thank you.
0 Likes

http://www.pr-inside.com/amd-a...-ratified-r957277.htm

Announced on December 9th last year.
0 Likes

Micah,

Do you know if OpenCL will work with HD48xx and/or older cards?
0 Likes

Ryta,
AMD has not made any public commitements on what cards will support OpenCL yet.
0 Likes

Originally posted by: MicahVillmow Ryta, AMD has not made any public commitements on what cards will support OpenCL yet.

Then say something "for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies" , what do you think, is it a good idea to buy HD3430 or HD3200 on a notebook for OpenCL development and testing?

More officially, when can be expected this public commitement?

0 Likes

Micah,

What will become of CAL/Brook+? I don't see Brook+ being of anymore use but I'm interested to see what happens to CAL. Will CAL still be used? Is OpenCL going to be built on LLVM?

0 Likes

AMD is commited to providing a full software stack from high level languages like Brook+ to low level approaches like CTM/CAL.

0 Likes

Just noticed that Firestream 9270 is listed as OpenCL ready on AMD website. So my guess is OpenCL will be supported on 9270 as well Radeon 4870/50 at least. (Of course note that its my personal guess and I am not associated with AMD).

0 Likes