cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

kos
Journeyman III

Cann't work with 64-bit version libs

I have Intel Core Duo based system, and windows server 64-bit enterprice, I'm using VS2008 and have unresolved external symbols while trying to build my solution (and any other CAL solution) with 64-bit libs amscalcl/rt

0 Likes
20 Replies
rick_weber
Adept II

Did you remember to target x64 instead of Win32? I sometimes forget.

0 Likes

OK, thank you, I've build that, but it cann't run.

0 Likes

Do you get any error? Try running FindNumDevices pre-built binary coming with CAL sdk and see if CAL is able to detect all the devices on your system.

0 Likes

No errors, with win32 option all works fine, but with x64 doesn't.

0 Likes

What error do you see?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: gaurav.garg What error do you see?

Unable to start program... blah, blah, bla ... becouse the application configuration was incorect. Review the manifest for possible errors... blah, blah...

0 Likes

Go to project properties -> Manifest Tool -> Input and Output -> Embed Manifest. Change it to No.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: gaurav.garg Go to project properties -> Manifest Tool -> Input and Output -> Embed Manifest. Change it to No.

No change, SDK 1.3 drivers 8.12

0 Likes

Are you getting the "This Windows application could not start, please check the manifest file. See Error log for more details?" or something like that. If so, check the error log.

0 Likes

If you want to build in x64 mode, you have to link against the 64 bit libraries. Conversely, if you want to build a Win32 binary, you have to link against the Win32 libraries. Have you verified that the "Additional Library directories" field is set to $(CALROOT)\xp64 for 64 bit targets instead of $(CALROOT)\xp32? If you include a library of the wrong bit size in your target you get unresolved symbols.

Also, when targeting xp64, I had to change the Mdd flag to Mt to statically link against the Windows runtime instead of a dynamic link. If not, I got a runtime error that made no sense.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: rick.weber If you want to build in x64 mode, you have to link against the 64 bit libraries. Conversely, if you want to build a Win32 binary, you have to link against the Win32 libraries. Have you verified that the "Additional Library directories" field is set to $(CALROOT)\xp64 for 64 bit targets instead of $(CALROOT)\xp32? If you include a library of the wrong bit size in your target you get unresolved symbols.

Also, when targeting xp64, I had to change the Mdd flag to Mt to statically link against the Windows runtime instead of a dynamic link. If not, I got a runtime error that made no sense.

I'm not an idiot, but that was a nice try. With MT - total crash.

I repeat - program builds  successful. But I can't run or debug it.

0 Likes
Ceq
Journeyman III

Which driver / SDK version?
0 Likes
Ceq
Journeyman III

Umh, maybe there is something wrong with your installation, you said:

> "No errors, with win32 option all works fine, but with x64 doesn't."

If you're using SDK 1.3 on 64 bit windows you shouldn't be able to build win32 (SDK bug documented in release notes).
Even if you get them to build they shouldn't work.
It could be possible that you have another version libraries mixed and that may be the problem.
0 Likes
kos
Journeyman III

I'm using - amdstream-1.3.0_beta-vista64, I can work with all ather 32-bit application's and can build them in VS2008 standart edition. May be something is wrong with project settings or there are mixed files in SDK, I can build 32-bit wersion with win32 option and trying to build 64-bit version with x64 option.

0 Likes

If you are installing 64-bit SDK, you will get both 32 and 64 bit CAL libraries. But, 64-bit 8.12 driver will have only 64-bit dlls (under windows/system32).

Hope this information help in debugging the problem.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: gaurav.garg If you are installing 64-bit SDK, you will get both 32 and 64 bit CAL libraries. But, 64-bit 8.12 driver will have only 64-bit dlls (under windows/system32).

Hope this information help in debugging the problem.

I've looked at my installation config - there are only 64-bit libs installed. Can anybody explain - will 8.12 work with 32-bit lib files ?

0 Likes
kos
Journeyman III

Could somebody send to me normaly working project ?

0 Likes

Have you tried building sample applications coming with CAL msi?

0 Likes

Originally posted by: gaurav.garg Have you tried building sample applications coming with CAL msi?

Of course. The same things happen. So I could give my mail via private message for those who whant to send me normaly working project.

0 Likes
bayoumi
Journeyman III

Hi Ceq,
I agree with your suggestion regarding possible libraries mix for the x64
0 Likes