Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

LenAlox
Journeyman III

DISPLAY Error

The DISPLAY is setting to :0

I am work on cent 5.0 and using ssh to work on the computer remotly. I use the command export DISPLAY=:0.0 to set the server to use the video card on the computer I am doing research on to use its own video card for the stream computing and not the one on my terminal computer.

It worked well for a while then it stopped seeing the CAL device. When I logged onto the computer its self I found that it was using :0 for the DISPLAY and not :0.0 that my brook programs are looking for.

Does any one know why the computer is setting the video card to :0? And how to get it to go to :0.0 so I can continue to work remotely.

0 Likes
2 Replies
udeepta
Staff

Not sure i understand your situation. In most cases, if the SDK works locally, these steps will get you working remotely:

http://forums.amd.com/devforum/messageview.cfm?catid=328&threadid=98907&enterthread=y

0 Likes

Well, even when I am sitting at the computer the DISPLAY shows to be :0 and not :0.0. So when I run a Brook program while directly logged into the computer with the firestream card it doesn't work because CAL can't find the card.

0 Likes