cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

hbliao
Journeyman III

does 4830 have double support?

I learned that 4830 will have less stream processors than 4850/4870 but I am not sure any other features different from 4850/4870.

0 Likes
4 Replies
BarsMonster
Journeyman III

I bet it should be exactly the same as 4850/70.

0 Likes

I believe this chipset is A) newer and less supported (depending on the OS I guess) and B) not exactly the same as the 4850/4870....

However, as long as the drivers are functioning properly I don't see why it wouldn't... My 3870 does double precision just fine... but keep in mind double precision requires all 4 thread processors normally alloted to do parallel operations to be used to perform the double precision calculation.  But it still has twice as many processors as does mine so fire away!

Looking at the wiki entry for this card, it is very new, however, from a driver standpoint it may very well indeed be just about the same as a 4850...

Once again, fire away, how can anyone know if no one tries?

0 Likes

yeah, but there is the risk of cost ordering that GPU. I am wondering why AMD stuffs can directly tell us just like previous posts clarifying 46xx has no double support.

0 Likes

hbliao,
The 4830 is a lower powered version of the 4850 and has the same hardware features.
0 Likes