cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jski
Journeyman III

Stream Software Development Kit (SDK), version 1.3? When?

Just heard:

"AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the new AMD FireStream™ 9270 compute accelerator and the latest version of its free and open ATI Stream Software Development Kit (SDK), version 1.3. Both are designed to help researchers, technical professionals and IT organizations use mainstream computing platforms to address challenges that once would have required multi-million-dollar investments in proprietary hardware and software."

When?

---jski

0 Likes
4 Replies
ryta1203
Journeyman III

Great Question.

Also, what kind of new features can we look forward to, if any, in Brook+?
0 Likes

I suppose I can let out one of the key things I've heard...  Brook+ was worked into an API structure AFAIK.

0 Likes

I read in serveral german computernews sites, that the new sdk will be released around 10th of december.

0 Likes

In weeks.

In the words of my colleague M Chu: "We have completely rewritten the Brook+ runtime, added a C++ API and overall improved usability. The Brook+ runtime will now do lazy memory allocations which should improve overall performance. The C++ API allows you to use arrays of streams on the host side. Stream size and stream count limits have been improved. The runtime and even compiler error handling and reporting has been improved. 3D streams are now supported and finer scatter granularities and 2D stream scatter are now supported in Brook+."

Among other things...

0 Likes