cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

macdonc
Journeyman III

Question about stability of SuSE 10 with CAT8.10 and SDK 1.2.1

I might have not configure something correctly, but I am having stability issues on Linux.

My GWFrac application runs stable on windows (vista or xp), but on SusE 10 it hangs the machine after about 100 frames, and I have to reboot. Is there any debug information, I can turn on for the linux drivers?

Thanks,

Craig

0 Likes
3 Replies
macdonc
Journeyman III

After some more experiments, it seems to be related to length of kernel execution. For kernels that takes about < .2 secs it runs fine. For kernels that takes > .5 sec it hangs the system.

Is there VPU recover type of functionality in the linux driver, that might be causing issues?

0 Likes

Well, 1.3 should be right around the corner so try with that....

I've only barely gotten my kernels up to around .4  seconds but I'm not having any issues like that.... Save for an accidental infinite loop will crash the program, and occasionally will cause my system to hang.

However I would think if this was some sort of VPU recovery mechanism, that it would do something more (IE reboot/shutdown the comp or the module).

At any rate, when I get back from work maybe I'll check out your program and see if I can reproduce the error with my flavor of stuff...

0 Likes
udeepta
Staff

- Can you kill the X-server or the process instead of rebooting? I'll admit it looks like a case of picking your poison.

- Is it also related to how much drawing (to this or other windows) the GPU is doing at the same time?

- if you have a test case, send us an email at streamdeveloper@amd.com

0 Likes