cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

zimoch
Journeyman III

Cal and Cpu backend gives me a different results

I realized that my brook program gives me different results from different backends.

After my kernel execution stream write gives me different output3D image

kernel void SAD3D(out float output<imageHeightInt , imageWidthInt, d >, float4 input_l[imageHeightInt][imageWidthInt], float4 input_r[imageHeightInt][imageWidthInt], float winx, float winy,int dMin, int deltaD, float2 imageSize)

{....}

float *output_image;
  float *output_image3D;
{....}

SAD3D(output_stream3D, image_l_stream, image_r_stream, winx, winy,dMin, deltaD, imageSize);

streamWrite(output_stream3D, output_image3D);

viewStream3d(output_image3D, imageSize, deltaD);

In case of cpu backened it looks as if it were good. Result is normal but in case of cal backend I have results like this :

5.83137e-039 5.83137e-039 ..... .... .....

What is the problem?

I use 8.9 drivers with 1.2.1 beta AmdStream , Windows XP SP2 32bit

0 Likes
4 Replies
zimoch
Journeyman III

Noone can answer me?

What is going on with amd/ati support ?

Please this is important for me because I have to finish my master's thesis and this bug doesn't allow me to do so.

That is whole my kernel code. Please let me know if something is wrong with the code.

I tried to reinstall drivers (8.9) and Brook / Cal SDK and still is the same

kernel void SAD3D(out float output<imageHeightInt , imageWidthInt, d >, float4 input_l[imageHeightInt][imageWidthInt], float4 input_r[imageHeightInt][imageWidthInt], float winx, float winy,int dMin, int deltaD, float2 imageSize)
{

const float3 si = indexof(output);
const float2 si2d = {si.y, si.z};

//windows has to be odd
int d = dMin + deltaD;
float halfx = (winx-1)/2;
float halfy = (winy-1)/2;
float j = 0.0f;
float i = 0.0f;
float suma = 0.0f;

for(i = -halfx ; i<= halfx; i = i + 1.0f)
  for(j = -halfy ; j<= halfy; j = j + 1.0f)
  {
  float2 xy = {i,j};
  float2 xyd = {i+ si.x ,j};

suma += abs(input_l[si2d+xy].x - input_r[si2d+xyd].x) +
  abs(input_l[si2d+xy].y - input_r[si2d+xyd].y) +
  abs(input_l[si2d+xy].z - input_r[si2d+xyd].z);
  }

output = suma;

}

0 Likes

zimoch, please send a test case to streamdeveloper@amd.com. They will be able to help you with this issue. I'm guessing that the issue might be with the 3 dimensional output stream. You might want to try to represent the three dimensional output as a 2 dimensional space.
0 Likes

I have a similar problem when using input and output streams of different sizes. In my case, this is probably due to the fact that in such a case Brook+ implicitly invokes reduced kernels.

PS

I like your "suma". Sounds pretty familiar to me...

0 Likes

@Bahrd

So do You suggest to change dimention of input gathered stream? I thought that this implicit reduction apply only with normal <> stream. I have to check it.

I realized that my card (Radeon HD3850) is not on supported card list so this may be the problem?

I also noticed that when I use Cal backend my cpu is 50% loaded (1 od 2 core of my AMD X2 ) . Is this normal behavior?

PS. Maybe "Suma" is familiar to You because You are Polish as I am?

0 Likes