cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nberger
Adept I

A first look at 1.2.1

I have downloaded and installed 1.2.1 and the 8.9 driver without problems (Scientific Linux 5.2, 4870 card). My stuff that was running ok on 1.1 still crashes (Segfault) in brook::CALKernel::Map -> brook::CALContext:rawRectangle(). This never happens at the first call of a kernel, but at the second or third or fourth call. I can delay the crash to later calls by performing streamWrite on some of the input stream before the kernel call. Any ideas?
I also had a look at the release notes, they seem to be the same as before. Is there something like a change log available, so we can find out what has been fixed and what has not been fixed? The list of bugs reported on this forum is rather comprehensive and I do not want to check them all individually for every release.
0 Likes
3 Replies
nberger
Adept I

Some additional info: On my 3870 box (otherwise identical to the 4870 one), the simple_matmult example still leads to a freeze.
0 Likes
ryta1203
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: nberger

I have downloaded and installed 1.2.1 and the 8.9 driver without problems (Scientific Linux 5.2, 4870 card). My stuff that was running ok on 1.1 still crashes (Segfault) in brook::CALKernel::Map -> brook::CALContext:rawRectangle(). This never happens at the first call of a kernel, but at the second or third or fourth call. I can delay the crash to later calls by performing streamWrite on some of the input stream before the kernel call. Any ideas?

nberger, I also have this problem. I was hoping this would be fixed in 1.2.1 but alas it did not make the list. I have kernels that worked in 1.1 that will not work in 1.2.x due to this error.
0 Likes

nberger, can you email your configuration to streamdeveloper@amd.com about the simple_matmult freeze so we can attempt to reproduce it?

As for the _kmap issue, this is confirmed fixed in our next major release, 1.2.1 was a point release to add support for new graphics cards and base drivers and didn't fix some of the major bugs that were reported because of time issues. These should all appear in our next release.
0 Likes