cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jdartvp
Journeyman III

Shader Analyzer does not run under Vista SP1 64bit

So far I hadn't had any luck to get the Shader Analyzer (GSA) to run under any Vista 64bit and SP1 I downloaded 1.40 to 1.44 all the installers come up with

"can not start or run due to incompatibility with 64bit windows ..."

0 Likes
11 Replies
bpurnomo
Staff

Hello,

We are not able to reproduce this problem.  Have you tried it on another machine?

0 Likes

Yes I did, same result both are Vista Ultimate SP1 64bit english systems. I can send a screenshot of the error message box poping up if it helps. I haven't checked what the Windows SysLog records but I can do that as well.

0 Likes

Yes, please post the screenshots.  Meanwhile, I'll try to investigate more on this problem.  Perhaps there is a 16 bits component in our installer.

0 Likes

To me it looks like that this forum does not allow to attach images and I can't put it on our company webserver since it is quite a hassle to do so. Can you privately send me your contact so I can send you the image?

Btw that's what event log came up with

Log Name: Application

Source: Wow64 Emulation Layer

Date: 21/08/2008 18:06:07

Event ID: 1109

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: xxxxxx

Description:

The program or feature "\??\C:\downloads\GPUShaderAnalyzer_2008-07-31_1.44.0.1647.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Wow64 Emulation Layer" />

<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1109</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-08-21T17:06:07.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>4077</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>xxxxxxx</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>\??\C:\downloads\GPUShaderAnalyzer_2008-07-31_1.44.0.1647.exe</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

0 Likes

You can send the images to gputools.support@amd.com

Thank you.

0 Likes

Any progress on this? I've send a report with an image to the email address you gave me but haven't heard anything back yet.

0 Likes

Hi jdartvp,

Thank you for the feedbacks.  We are still trying to find a machine that can reproduce this problem.  Strangely enough, on 64 bits machines that we have, we are able to install GSA successfully.   It is possible that our machines have additional compatibility tools installed.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: jdartvp Any progress on this? I've send a report with an image to the email address you gave me but haven't heard anything back yet.

Hi jdartvp,

Unfortunately, we are still not able to reproduce the problem.  We have tried installing GSA on several new machines with a fresh install of Windows 64 bits. They are all installed successfully.   Are you trying to install GSA without the admin priviledge on the machine?

0 Likes
raf
Journeyman III

Hello,

I want to know how, using a glsl program, I can rezise a texture. Let say, I have an 1024x768 image that I want to resample to 640x480. (by linear interpolation for example).

I want to proceed the resize of the image with gpu using a glsl program. Assuming I am able to get the corresponding texture of the original image, how and what instructions I have to write in the shader to resize the image the way I want.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

Originally posted by: raf Hello, I want to know how, using a glsl program, I can rezise a texture. Let say, I have an 1024x768 image that I want to resample to 640x480. (by linear interpolation for example). I want to proceed the resize of the image with gpu using a glsl program. Assuming I am able to get the corresponding texture of the original image, how and what instructions I have to write in the shader to resize the image the way I want. Thank you for your help.

This should be in a new thread.    I don't think you need glsl to resize the texture.  One thought is to just render the texture to the framebuffer (or pbuffer), and resize the window/viewport.  You can then readback from the framebuffer to get the resampled texture.

0 Likes

Just downloaded 1.46 and it works now! Awesome! Great job!

Thanks!

0 Likes