Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

udeepta
Staff

AMD Stream SDK v1.2-beta patch for Win XP 64 only

Use this patch if the SDK is not working on your Win XP 64

We have created a patched CAL installer for SDK v1.2-beta for Win XP 64.
A few Win XP 64 users have reported an issue with their SDK installations, and this patch fixes it. Note that only the CAL installer is new, the Brook+ component remains unchanged.
If you already have installed the SDK, just uninstall CAL and reinstall using the CAL installer from the link below. If the SDK is not installed, or if you have uninstalled it, first install the CAL installer below, then unzip the SDK from the download page http://ati.amd.com/technology/...kdwnld.html">here, and install the Brook+ installer.
amdstream-cal-1.2.patch1_beta-winxp64.msi
AMD Stream Team
0 Likes
2 Replies
Ceq
Journeyman III

This worked fine on my x64 installation. The same patch changing paths also fixed CAL in WinXP 32.

Thanks!
0 Likes
zimoch
Journeyman III

It seems that it doesn't work for me in WinXp 32. I changed %PATH% string to a xp23 and still have comunicate while debugging in VS2005:
Unhandled exception at 0x00597f54 in SAD_d.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000040.
The debug indicates that it happens when trying to streamRead in my application.
My configuration
Windows XP SP2
 Driver 8.9
Brook 1.2
CAL 1.2.1 (changed path to xp32)
 I realized that I havebug in my software that caused this behaviour so It seems to be working well
0 Likes